Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow Day Tomorrow

I never thought I'd see the day that a snow day was called *in advance*. Remember last year we were all hoping for a snow day that wasn't called until 6 am after many teachers and students had already left for school. I was just out of the shower when a friend from school texted me to tell me the good news. Later, the mayor had the nerve to go on TV and say, regarding the people who complained he called it too late, that any "intelligent" person could look out their windows and see the amount of snow and *know* that schools would be closed.

So, we must be getting a heck of a lot of snow tomorrow. But at this point, it doesn't really matter how much it snows; we already got our snow day. Can't take it back now :)

I for one am prepared for tomorrow. I went grocery shopping today and I plan to enjoy my day off tomorrow. I'm gonna sleep in, watch some movies, and cook. Pancakes for breakfast, tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch, and roast chicken for dinner. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Your day sounds delicious! ENJOY! I totally forgot about the precious moment where the mayor made that endearing comment. Cuz, you know, we've never trudged to work in feet of snow before...

Unknown said...

Dear Ms. M --

I'm working on a short film about teachers and teaching in New York City! We're hoping to collect as many stories on teaching in the city this Monday, August 9th, and wanted to see if you're around and interested! Please contact me at TeacherTeacherShort@gmail.com

Thanks so much - Joe