Saturday, February 06, 2010

You guys, I'm going to Beirut!

That's right, I got the job! The one I wanted so badly. The one that last August I knew I wanted and just assumed I would apply to and get so I could go back to Lebanon. The one that later seemed SO impossible to get with all the candidates that were going to be at the fair. But it really did happen. I got the job in Beirut!

I'm going to be teaching middle school ESL/ELA. It's going to be a HUGE change for me. I'm definitely going to miss the little ones but I think a change will do me good. The school year starts in September but I'll probably try to get there sometime in August so I can enjoy a bit of the Lebanese summer before work starts.

I am so, so excited!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It's wonderful how you thought, and dreamed, then chose, and now... I'm so happy for you.

Jonathan

Sarah Cannon said...

YAY! Congratulations!

Rayane said...

Hi! A friend forwarded me your post, I'm from Beirut (currently doing my PhD in the US) and would be more than happy to give you tips and ideas, and link you with other teachers if you're interested. You're going to love it! Good luck, enjoy.

Ms. M said...

Ray--Sure. Send me an email at nyteacherblog@gmail.com.

Angela Watson said...

This is super exciting news. Wow. Can't wait to read about your adventures in Beirut! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

What school will you be teaching in Beirut? I am going there also to work in a school. I leave August 16. I will be at the American Community School in Beirut. I am currently in Atlanta.

Ms. M said...

Anonymous--That is great! Shoot me an email if you want and we can chat. nyteacherblog@gmail.com